13. The Houses of Parliament is the seat of the British Government. There is only one building there
but it is called the Houses because it is divided into two parts – the House of Commons and the House of Lords. Members of one House may not enter the other. The exception is the day when the Queen makes her speech in the House of Lords. When Parliament sits, a flag flies over the Victoria Tower in the daytime and a light in the Clock Tower burns at night.
Choose the correct variant.
1. The members of one House are forbidden to enter the other.
2. The British Government works in the Houses of Parliament.
3. The Queen makes her speech in the House of Commons.
4. A light in the Victoria Tower means that Parliament works.